- Last Updated on Wednesday, 01 April 2015 11:34 01 April 2015
Please be advised that all Hamden fields are closed until further notice. Due to the snow, we do not have an estimate on when we will be able to practice. We will provide further information as it's received from the Town of Hamden. We are investigating use of the Ridge School gym in the interim and hope to have more information on that in the coming week.
If you have not yet signed up, Commissioner Shannon Cozza will be at Ridge School on Saturday, April 4th, 10-11am collecting applications. Please continue to spread the word about Greater Hamden Baseball. Starting Saturday, and the month of April, you can also make discount purchases at the Hamden Modell's Sporting Goods store. You receive a discount while helping the league to fundraise to reduce expenses to you! Coach Shannon will have coupons or simply ask for Greater Hamden Baseball (GHBA) at check out.
Unfortunately we do not have practice or game schedules available and will not until we can assess skills and sign ups are completed. We will continue to accept sign ups through the month of April. Teams will be formed as soon as players are assessed, hopefully by mid April.
- Last Updated on Friday, 27 March 2015 17:20 27 March 2015
Thank you for signing up with Greater Hamden Baseball Association. We are nearing the start of the spring season, though winter doesn't seem to want to let go this year! As we continue to prepare, please keep the following in mind:
- Sign ups are still ongoing. In order to make this season successful with multiple teams per age group, we need your help in getting the word out about Greater Hamden Baseball.
- If you signed up online and have yet to email or mail your registration form, please do so as soon as possible. This way we can match your player with the right age group.
- Our first practice of April 4th is dependent on the Town of Hamden clearing the fields for play. As much as we'd like to get out there, the town maintains and directs use of all fields. Based on my last look at the fields, it is unlikely they will be playable. However, Mother Nature has surprised us in the past. Please be patient and stay tuned for our first practice date.
- Teams will not be formed until the middle of April. We have to begin practice and assess the skill level of each player to assign players to balanced teams. Until then, we will not have a team match for your player.
- WE NEED COACHES! If you are interested in coaching this season, please email us as soon as possible. We are a league of volunteers and your help is much appreciated.
We will be in touch weekly until the fields are ready to ... Play Ball!
- Kerry-Ann Dyce, Commissioner
- Last Updated on Monday, 02 February 2015 18:29 02 February 2015
We are proud to offer another year of BASEBALL in Hamden for youth ages 4-10 years old! Please complete the attached registration form and return by email or mail. All payments must be mailed to the GHBA and a $10 late fee will apply for any payments received after 2/27/2015.
A meeting for volunteers and new coaches will be held in the coming weeks. We look forward to your participation in making another memorable season for our athletes.
See you soon!
- Last Updated on Friday, 20 February 2015 18:26 20 February 2015
Spring Warm Up Begins Saturday April 4th
At Ridge Hill School
Join us this year and everyone will play and hit in every game. Fun League activities including:
- Opening Day: Saturday, May 2, 2015
- Memorial Day Parade Monday, May 25, 2015
We march together in the Memorial Day parade and the younger players ride on the GHBA float.
- Hot Dog Days!
The Season runs from April until the mid-June (weather permitting).
Each player receives a team photo and a trophy.
Fee includes: Hat, shirt, pants
$10 Late Fee after 2/27/15
To Register by US Mail:
Download registration and information HERE!
Complete registration and mail with payment to:
GHBA: PO Box 185372,
Hamden, CT 06518
If you wish to pay online, please go to